Disaster Information Systems Laboratory, Disaster Prevention Research Institute,
Kyoto University, Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto 611-0011, Japan.
Job description and required qualification:
The appointed associate professor is requested to conduct theoretical and practical research related to disaster risk reduction caused by huge disasters from viewpoints of risk and crisis management. He/she is requested to carry out interdisciplinary and international research on development and evaluation of disaster information systems using advanced information technology, such as GIS, AI, IoT, big data analysis, contributing to effective disaster mitigation. He/she is also expected to contribute to education in the Department of Social Informatics, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University. The successful applicant is expected to have a Ph.D. or its equivalent and to be proficient in Japanese.
Anticipated start date:
April 1st, 2020
Discretionary labor system (standard working hours: 7 hours 45 minutes per day, 38 hours 45 minutes per week)
Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, Year-end and New Year holidays, University Foundation Day, and summer vacation.
Salary and Allowance:
To be determined in accordance with Kyoto University regulations.
(1) National Public Service Mutual Aid Associations, (2) Employee’s pension insurance, (3) Unemployment insurance, and (4) Worker's accident insurance
Applicants should prepare the following materials:
(1) Curriculum vitae
(2) List of publications (divided clearly into refereed journal papers and others)
(3) Copies of five relevant papers
(4) Brief summary of research and related contributions (up to two A4 pages)
(5) Statement of research plans (up to two A4 pages, including figures)
(6) Recommendation letters or names and contact information of two references (include addresses, fax numbers, and e-mail addresses)
The complete application package must arrive by the deadline of 16th December 2019 (JST) at the following address:
Selection Committee for DRS Associate Professor, Disaster Information Systems
Administrative Office, Uji Campus,
Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto 611-0011 JAPAN
For inquiries, send email to apply staff 'at' dpri.kyoto-u.ac.jp (replace 'at' with @)
For more information about DPRI, see http://www.dpri.kyoto-u.ac.jp/.
The university will not return your application documents.
Personal information contained in the application documents will be used solely for the purpose of screening applicants, and never for any other purposes.
The university is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer