Climate Environment Laboratory, Disaster Prevention Research Institute,
Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto 611-0011, Japan.
Job description and required qualification:
Modulation of atmospheric general circulation causes anomalous synoptic weather which brings about meteorological disaster. The appointed professor is expected to lead analytical and numerical researches on the mechanisms and predictability of long-lasting anomalous weather, collaborating with Japanese and foreign scientists and related agencies. The professor is also expected to take part in the studies on adaptation to Global-warming which is intensively being led by the institute, especially in regard to abnormal weather and meteorological hazards. He/she will have educational responsibilities in the Division of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University. He/she should have a Ph.D. or its equivalent and be proficient in Japanese.
Anticipated start date:
As soon as possible after the selection.
Discretionary labor system (standard working hours: 7 hours 45 minutes per day, 38 hours 45 minutes per week)
Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, Year-end and New Year holidays, University Foundation Day, and summer vacation.
Salary and Allowance:
To be determined in accordance with Kyoto University regulations.
(1) National Public Service Mutual Aid Associations, (2) Employee’s pension insurance, (3) Unemployment insurance, and (4) Worker’s accident insurance
Applicants should prepare the following materials:
(1) Curriculum vitae
(2) List of publications (divided clearly into refereed journal papers and others)
(3) Copies of five relevant papers
(4) Brief summary of research and related contributions (up to two A4 pages)
(5) Statement of research plans (up to two A4 pages, including figures)
(6) Recommendation letters or names and contact information of two references (include addresses, fax numbers, and e-mail addresses)
The complete application package must arrive by the deadline of December. 16th, 2019 (JST) at the following address:
Selection Committee for Climate Environment Professor
Administrative Office, Uji Campus, Kyoto University
Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto 611-0011 JAPAN
For inquiries, send e-mail to apply_staff ‘at’ dpri.kyoto-u.ac.jp (replace ‘at’ with @)
For more information about DPRI, see http://www.dpri.kyoto-u.ac.jp/.
The university will not return your application documents.
Personal information contained in the application documents will be used solely for the purpose of screening applicants, and never for any other purposes.
The university is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer．