Professor Position in the Co astal Disasters Laboratory, Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University
The Disaster Prevention Research Institute (DPRI), Kyoto University invites applications for a permanent Professor position.
Coastal Disasters Laboratory, Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto
University, Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto 611-0011, Japan.
Job description and required qualification:
The appointed professor is expected to conduct research related to clarifying mechanisms and implementing risk reduction for coastal
disasters. He/she also will lead international efforts in theoretical, experimental, and in-situ field studies. The research may cover studies on lo
cal to global scales for topics such as, wave theory development and numerical modeling of tsunami, storm surges and extreme waves, climate change impact assessment and development of adaptation methodologies on coastal hazard and disasters, and clarifying atmosphere-ocean interactions. He/she will also have educational responsibilities in the Department of Civil and Earth Resources Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University. He/she should have a Ph.D. or its equivalent and to be proficient in Japanese.
As soon as possible after the selection.
Working hours: 38 hours 45 minutes per week under full-time
employment in a discretionary working system.
Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, Year-end and New Year holidays, University Foundation Day, and summer vacation.
Salary and benefits:
To be determined in accordance with the existing employment regulations of Kyoto University.
(1) Health and Pension Insurance covered by the National Government Employee’s Mutual Aid Association. (2) Unemployment Insurance, and (3) Worker’s Compensation.
Applicants should prepare the following material:
(1) Curriculum vitae
(2) List of publications (divided clearly into refereed journal papers and others)
(3) Copies of five relevant papers
(4) Brief summary of research and related contributions (up to two A4 pages)
(5) Statement of research plans (up to two A4 pages, including figures)
(6) Recommendation letters or names and contact information of two references (include addresses, fax numbers, and e-mail addresses)
The complete application package must
arrive by the deadline of August. 10th, 2018 (JST) at the following address:
Selection Committee for Coastal Disaster Professor Administrative Office, Uji Campus, Kyoto University Uji, Kyoto 611-0011 JAPAN For inquiries, send e-mail to apply_staff 'at' dpri.kyoto-u.ac.jp (replace 'at' with @)
For more information about DPRI, see http://www.dpri.kyoto-u.ac.jp/.
Kyoto University is an equal opportunity employ