The Disaster Prevention Research Institute (DPRI), Kyoto University invites applications for a permanent Professor position.
Location: Disaster Information Systems Laboratory, Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University, Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto 611-0011, Japan.
Job description and required qualification:
The appointed professor is requested to conduct theoretical and practical research related to risk reduction caused by huge disasters, especially, from a perspective of disaster information systems sciences. He/she is requested to carry out interdisciplinary and international research on development and evaluation of disaster information systems, contributing to effective disaster preparedness, response, and recovery. He/she is also expected to contribute to education in the Department of Social Informatics, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University. The successful applicant is expected to have a Ph.D. or its equivalent and to be proficient in Japanese.
Starting date: As soon as possible after the selection.
Working conditions: Working hours: 38 hours 45 minutes per week under full-time employment in a discretionary working system. Days off: Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, Year-end and New Year holidays, University Foundation Day, and summer vacation.
Salary and benefits: To be determined in accordance with the existing employment regulations of Kyoto University.
(1) Health and Pension Insurance covered by the National Government Employee’s Mutual Aid Association. (2) Unemployment Insurance, and (3) Worker’s Compensation.
Applicants should prepare the following material:
(1) Curriculum vitae
(2) List of publications (divided clearly into refereed journal papers and others)
(3) Copies of five relevant papers
(4) Brief summary of research and related contributions (up to two A4 pages)
(5) Statement of research plans (up to two A4 pages, including figures)
(6) Recommendation letters or names and contact information of two references (include addresses, fax numbers, and e-mail addresses)
The complete application package must arrive by the deadline of Feb. 15th, 2016 (JST) at the following address:
Selection Committee for Disaster Information Systems Laboratory Professor
Administrative Office, Uji Campus,
Uji, Kyoto 611-0011 JAPAN
For inquiries, send e-mail to apply_staff 'at' dpri.kyoto-u.ac.jp (replace 'at' with @)
For more information about DPRI, see http://www.dpri.kyoto-u.ac.jp/.
Kyoto University is an equal opportunity employer.