Institute (DPRI), Kyoto University invites applications for an Associate Professor position. The appointed associate professor is requested to conduct research that investigates earthquake source physics and generation of severe shaking using strong ground motion data. The research should consider propagation-path and site effects, to improve the methodologies for predicting damaging ground motions from earthquakes. The successful applicant is also expected to contribute to the Department of Geophysics, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University. He/she is expected to have a Ph.D. or its equivalent and to be proficient in Japanese.
Applicants should prepare the following material:
(1) Curriculum vitae
(2) List of publications (divided clearly into refereed journal papers and others)
(3) Copies of five relevant papers
(4) Brief summary of research and related contributions (up to two A4 pages)
(5) Statement of research plans (up to two A4 pages, including figures)
(6) Recommendation letters or names and contact information of two references (include addresses, fax numbers, and e-mail addresses)
The complete application package must arrive by the deadline of 15 Sep. 2015 (JST) at the following address:
Selection Committee for ED Associate Professor, Strong Motion Seismology,
Administrative Office, Uji Campus,
Uji, Kyoto 611-0011 JAPAN
For inquiries, send email to apply_staff ‘at’ dpri.kyoto-u.ac.jp (replace ‘at’ with @)
For more information about DPRI, see http://www.dpri.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/ .
Kyoto University is an equal opportunity employer.