History of the Disaster Prevention Research Institute (DPRI), Kyoto University
Visitors to the Disaster Prevention Research Institute (DPRI), Kyoto University can view at-a-glance the history of the institute and its activities at the newly opened display corner on the 3rd floor entrance of the Uji Campus Main Building (E Building – immediately after entering the building across the wooden deck from the entrance of the Uji Campus).
The display was opened by the Director of the Institute, Prof. Eiichi Nakakita on 19 April 2023.
List of items on display include:
- Emergency Survey Report on the Great East Japan Earthquake 2011
- The Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake: Efforts in disaster prevention research
- Public Lecture “Urban Disaster Prevention in Cities”
- 10-Year History of Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University”
- 60-Year History of Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto Un iversity”
- Full-point seismometer (compact lightweight seismometer KVS-300
- Perfect score logger (Low power consumption recording device EDR-X7000
Please drop by, and learn about the history of the institute and what we are doing.