>> ※Early Bird registration until 10 January 2017:
JPY10,000/person (around US$98/person)
The 3rd Global Summit of Research Institutes for Disaster Risk Reduction: Expanding the Platform for Bridging Science and Policy Making will be held at the Disaster Prevention Research Institute (DPRI), Kyoto University, Uji Campus from 19 to 21 March 2017. The 3rd Global Summit will build on the achievements of the last two Global Summits and GADRI projects.
The 3rd Global Summit will bring together representatives from research institutes involved in DRR research with the following objectives:
- To serve as an advocate for key research policy statements that are in line with real, evidence-based disaster research needs.
- To carry out a more detailed assessment of key research challenges and to identify priority research areas
- To identify pioneering scientific initiatives to effectively reduce the gaps between science and practice in disaster risk reduction activities.
- To share and build on achievements, and outcomes of past and ongoing GADRI Projects addressing research gaps.
- To foster links between local and international organizations and their programs through the GADRI network.
For further details, visit the 3rd Global Summit homepage