The Research Center for Disaster Reduction Systems (DRS) of the Disaster Prevention Research Institute (DPRI), Kyoto University invites applications for an Associate Professor position.
The appointed associate professor is requested to conduct theoretical and practical research
related to risk reduction caused by huge disasters, especially, in the field of infrastructure planning and management. He/she is requested to carry out interdisciplinary and international research on disaster risk governance. He/she is also expected to contribute to education in the Department of Social Informatics, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University. The successful applicant is expected to have a Ph.D. or its equivalent and to be proficient in
Applicants should prepare the following material:
(1) Curriculum vitae
(2) List of publications (divided clearly into refereed journal papers and others)
(3) Copies of five relevant papers
(4) Brief summary of research and related contributions (up to two A4 pages)
(5) Statement of research plans (up to two A4 pages, including figures)
(6) Recommendation letters or names and contact information of two references (include addresses, fax numbers, and e-mail addresses)
The complete application package must arrive by the deadline of 15 September, 2015 at the following address:
Selection Committee for DRS Associate Professor, Integrated Disaster Reduction Systems
Administrative Office, Uji Campus, Kyoto University Uji, Kyoto 611-0011 JAPAN
For inquiries, send an email to email@example.com
For more information about DPRI, please visit http://www.dpri.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/.
Kyoto University is an equal opportunity employer.